We managed to set everything up separately so it’s now time to assemble the robot!
Instead of the cool 4×4 truck top I put this plastic panel for now:
- On the left is my Arduino under a simple shield we made and has a connector for the steering servo and the motor driver.
- In the middle there is a voltage regulator which is set to create stable 5V from 12V.
- And the last piece on the plastic panel is the motor driver.
- In the belly of the robot is a 12V 4000mAh LiPo accumulator.
As a final touch I also put the original bumper back to the front to give it a cool look.
The only thing missing is to put the BeagleBone on top as well. It will be done after we got the wifi working.