Very energetic, a bit rude and very true.
I’d go straight to the video, but for those who need a bit more motivation to sit through, check my bullet-point summary below.
The main points Mel Robbins goes through are:
- Decide what you want. Be selfish about this decision, this is about you, no need to make it look appealing to others.
- Use your activation energy. The same energy that pushes you to do great things is the one you exercise creating when you get out of bed in the morning without the “snooze button”.
- Don’t be just fine. If you tell people that you are fine, you are essentially telling yourself that that’s the best you can do.
- The 5 second emergency break rule. Helps engaging in different/unusual/unexpected activities. If you don’t engage in an activity in the first 5 seconds, chances are, you never will.
- Get out of your bed. Get out of your comfort zone. Get out of your own head.
2 key slides from the video: